Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Goodness of Christ

by Andrea Fields.  Andrea is one of the newest additions to the Cove Church staff family. She is the administrative assistant to Stephen Hampton at the Chase campus. She is enjoying learning about the heart and the people of Cove Church.

Baking cookies is probably one of my favorite things to do at Christmas. The cookies are presents to close friends, family, and neighbors. What is so endearing to me about passing out cookies to everyone is they never forget the taste. I wholeheartedly agree with the saying “Food is for the soul.”

Have you ever eaten a cookie and thought “That was the best?” You never forgot it, right? You know Grandma’s famous cookies that everyone talks about and bonds over? Yes, those very cookies. They leave a lasting impression. I make some pretty tasty oatmeal cinnamon, spritz, and peanut butter blossom cookies. I get calls, messages, and questions about the cookies all year round. Yes, just that one plate of cookies. It’s not just the taste. I believe it’s the taste, the presentation, and most of all the fact that they are made from a heart of love.

Christmas time brings out a giving, kind, loving, and caring feeling in most people. It is the one time some may visit church all year. Through that one special service, God is able to give a taste of his goodness through his word and love from church members. This Christmas I want not only my cookies but also my actions to leave a lasting impression on others that they may know the goodness of Christ. I have trusted and believed that one small action can start a chain reaction leading to something we can’t imagine. God has been faithful in nurturing those planted seeds to grow into fruitful works. I challenge everyone reading to do one small good act and let that seed of love and Christ be planted in someone.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him.” Psalms 34:8
Here is a link to my ultimate favorite cookie at Christmas


1 comment: